Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Afraid of

Afraid Of
I'm afraid to let you in,
Because I may like you,
I'm afraid to like you,
Because I may fall in love,
I'm afraid to fall in love,
Because I may get hurt,
I'm afraid to get hurt,
Because of the pain,
I'm afraid of the pain,
Because of the scars,
I'm afraid of the scars,
Because they may bleed,
I'm afraid of the blood,
Because I may die,
I'm afraid to die,
Because I may survive,
I'm afraid to survive,
Because I may let you in,
And the cycle starts all over again.


 By: Ashlie Nicholle Haines




I saw this online earlier and I loved it. I believe everyone can relate to this at some point in their life.
 Heck, I've never been in love in order to be hurt but even I am scared to let someone in. I don't like the idea of laying myself bare to someone (in the figurative sense). Sometimes that worries me, I WANT to fall in love yet I block everyone out. I don't want to grow up and be alone and I fear if I don't break the cycle soon I may never be able to. (which is why I have a date next Wednesday, I may write about how THAT goes).
 So far it could go either way, I'm the type of person who doesn't care for or like all of that mushy stuff yet this guy seems to be one to dish it out... *gag* I even got a "miss you" when I had to log off of facebook the other night. Yikes! 
I'm torn between it being because I am scared to let myself fall in love or that it's because the guys I am surrounded with are annoying and crazy.
 I guess we will see(:
Until next time!
 XoXo Echo

No comments:

Post a Comment